Monday, August 24, 2009

Where from & Where to?

Where I came from... I LOVE photography. I have for as long as I can remember. It didn't matter if I was walking through a gallery, watching a photographer at a wedding, or snapping a quick picture, it was like magic to me. My husband and I decided to buy a nice camera for the sole reason that we were sick of our cheap cameras breaking. Before I knew it I was trying to take pictures of anyone and everyone.
I will be the first to admit that I have NO idea what I am doing. I have never taken a class or put any kind of time into studying photography. I have the vision but I really have no knowledge to base that vision on. I have done shoots with nothing but what came stock on my camera. But I am ready to move on.

Where to next...I am finally enrolled in a class! I have been encouraged from so many people to do this but finally my best friend enrolled in the class as a filler and handed me the computer to sign up with her. I really have no idea where I will go from there. I need some more stuff (flashes/lenses) to do alot of the things I want to do. But first I really just need to understand how to use my camera!! And photoshop of course.
This blog is really for my benefit. I hope that as I go through this class and continue to grow my passion for photography I can look back and see an improvement in my skills. God has blessed us with such an beautiful world and surrounded me with such beautiful people. Its time that I put my passion to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment